We are currently hiring for our HOUSTON and TOMBALL locations. Here’s more info and how to apply:
PLEASE NOTE, THE PRIMARY LOCATION FOR THIS POSITION IS IN HERMANN PARK, HOUSTON, TEXAS, 77030 and THE TOMBALL TRAIN STATION, 201 S ELM ST, TOMBALL, TEXAS, 77375
I’M READY TO APPLY
Join our award winning team doing something you love!
We are looking for someone who has a passion for ghosts, history, and legends, and a desire to be highly successful in our field. The ideal candidate for this position has a confident personality, strong work ethic, can gain and maintain a large crowd’s full attention for more than an hour, and a very loud speaking voice. The Tour Guide position is for those who are extremely passionate about storytelling and the art of being a Ghost Tour guide.
- Tour guide experience is highly preferred, but not required.
- Acting experience is highly preferred, but not required (training will be required).
- 5+ years of customer service industry experience is highly preferred.
- Has exceptional customer service skills.
- Has a loud speaking voice and a strong personality that can command a large crowd.
- Has exceptional people skills.
- Has a neat and clean appearance.
- Has a positive and outgoing personality.
- Is highly motivated and goal oriented.
- Is experienced in handling difficult situations and difficult people with exceptional customer service skills, while staying professional at all times.
- Can memorize a 2 hour script, and remember dates in history as well as important facts.
- Can memorize answers to questions about the paranormal and history we discuss on tour.
- Can handle check-in and greeting of customers
- Will handle cash transactions and be responsible for turning in and reporting any cash sales.
- Will perform daily reporting to management.
- Has reliable transportation.
- Has knowledge of and own a smart phone or device, and be able to communicate daily through Facebook Chat.
- Is skilled and able to perform in front of large groups of people without stage fright.
- Costumes and character acting training will be required.
- Is able to stand and walk for hours at a time.
- Speaks very clearly and loud enough to be heard without a microphone.
- Has a flexible schedule. Is willing to work at a moment’s notice, and able to work nights, weekends, and at an on-call basis as needed. Can commit to working every weekend in October.
Tour Guide is responsible for guiding, maintaining, and instructing a large group of people through a haunted town, while memorizing and reciting a script of history and events. Guides will be trained or will require an extensive knowledge of the occult, paranormal, and historical fact, folklore, and myth. Guides are required to have some acting skills, public speaking skills, customer service skills, and communication skills. Guide will have to keep a large group of people entertained with their vibrant personality and storytelling abilities. Guides are responsible for the safety and sanity of every member of their group that attends.
Who we’re looking for:
For this specific role, we need a person who feels comfortable leading strangers at night. Our ideal candidate needs to feel very confident in themselves, confident in being alone at night, and take on a very important leadership role as the main location guide.
Full description of this job will be explained at interview and hire. 6 tour minimum training period before starting.
Interviews and hiring process:
We are looking to hire someone right away.
We will contact you by email if we want to schedule an interview.
Our interviews are currently being held VIA Google Video.
If the interview is successful, we will request a 2 to 5 minute audition video. To expedite the hiring process, you can send in your audition right away to our email address, located on our website. Our team will then view your audition to see if you have what it takes to be a great tour guide. Our team will then contact you to let you know if you are the right fit.
We can’t wait to add you to our team!
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
Our guides will wear a mask unless vaccinated, and we ask our customers to also wear them. We have ample room for social distancing on our tours, and they are entirely outdoors.
Click the link below to apply now!
I’M READY TO APPLY