Join our team of professional tour guides, actors, entertainers, and history buffs and apply today!
TOUR GUIDE LEVEL I Application
We are seeking a very flexible, honest, reliable, talented, open, fun, and outgoing person to fill our tour guide position.
Position Available: TOUR GUIDE Level I
Friday and Saturday nights, week days optional, per tour, part-time, on-call, when needed
Hourly wage: $40-$50 per tour
- Tour guide, acting, public speaking, or storytelling experience is highly preferred, but we will train great personalities.
- Must have exceptional customer service skills.
- Must have a neat and clean appearance.
- Must have a positive and outgoing personality.
- Must be able to memorize a 2 hour script, and remember dates in history as well as important facts.
- Must be able to memorize answers to questions about the paranormal and history we discuss on tour.
- Will handle check-in and greeting of customers.
- Will handle cash transactions and be responsible for turning in and reporting any cash sales.
- Daily reporting to management.
- Must have knowledge of and own a smart phone or device.
- Must be able to perform in front of large groups of people.
- Must be able to stand and walk for hours at a time.
- Must be able to speak very clearly and loud enough to be heard without a microphone.
- Must be able to work nights, between the hours of 7pm to 11pm.
Tour Guide is responsible for guiding, maintaining, and instructing a large group of people through a haunted town, while memorizing and reciting a script of history and events. Guides are required to have some acting skills, public speaking skills, customer service skills, and communication skills. Guides are responsible for the safety and sanity of every member of their group that attends. Full description of this job will be explained at interview and hire. 6 tour minimum training period before starting.
Please Note: You must fill out the application on a desktop, laptop, or tablet. The application will not work on a smartphone.
After submitting your application, you must send in an audition.
Instructions and requirements for the audition video:
- Your audition must be 2 to 5 minutes in length, and contain your performance of a ghost story.
- Please recite your ghost story from memory, and do not read it from a screen or paper.
- Your video should be completely unedited.
- Tell your ghost story as if you are speaking to a crowd of 30 people.
- Use YouTube to upload your finished audition. We do not accept social media videos or highly edited TikToks.
- Your entire body must be in the frame. We need to be able to see your personality, body language, and charisma within the video. Videos with only your head or top half of your body could get rejected.
- Some tips to remember when making your video: Speak clearly. Bring your full personality and show us how much fun you would be as a tour guide. Our team is full of energetic and enthusiastic storytellers and actors, and we strive to bring an entertaining and exciting look at the haunted history and ghost stories in Houston. We are looking for personality, charisma, and the ability to entertain crowds of people, so bring your best!
Please be sure to use YouTube to upload your video, and DO NOT use Google drive. Auditions should be sent to [email protected]
Thank you for applying.
REMEMBER!!! Send in your audition video within 48 hours of applying!