Want to make your hobby a career?
Join our team of professional tour guides, paranormal enthusiasts, actors, entertainers, and history buffs and apply today!
TOUR GUIDE LEVEL I Application
We are seeking a very flexible, honest, reliable, talented, open, fun, and outgoing person to fill our tour guide position.
Position Available: TOUR GUIDE Level I
Friday and Saturday nights, week days optional, per tour, part-time, on-call, when needed
Hourly wage: $40-$65 per tour
- Tour guide experience is highly preferred, but not required.
- Acting experience is highly preferred, but not required (training will be required).
- 5+ years of customer service industry experience is highly preferred.
- Must have exceptional customer service skills.
- Must have exceptional people skills.
- Must have a neat and clean appearance.
- Must have a positive and outgoing personality.
- Must be able to handle difficult situations and difficult people with exceptional customer service skills, while staying professional at all times.
- Must be able to memorize a 2 hour script, and remember dates in history as well as important facts.
- Must be able to memorize answers to questions about the paranormal and history we discuss on tour.
- Will handle check-in and greeting of customers
- Will handle cash transactions and be responsible for turning in and reporting any cash sales.
- Daily reporting to management.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Must have knowledge of and own a smart phone or device.
- Must be able to perform in front of large groups of people.
- Costumes and character acting training will be required.
- Must be able to stand and walk for hours at a time.
- Must be able to speak very clearly and loud enough to be heard without a microphone.
- Must have a flexible schedule. Must be willing to work at a moment’s notice, and be able to work nights, weekends, and at an on-call basis as needed. Must be able to commit to work every weekend in October.
- Must be able to carry up to 25lbs and help with set-up and take-down of props and tables.
- A special talent, such as singing, juggling, side-show performances, dancing, magic, is highly preferred but not required.
Tour Guide is responsible for guiding, maintaining, and instructing a large group of people through a haunted town, while memorizing and reciting a script of history and events. Guides will be trained or will require an extensive knowledge of the occult, paranormal, and historical fact, folklore, and myth. Guides are required to have some acting skills, public speaking skills, customer service skills, and communication skills. Guides are responsible for the safety and sanity of every member of their group that attends. Full description of this job will be explained at interview and hire. 6 tour minimum training period before starting.