Join the Boo Crew Team!
Interested in working with some awesome people while doing something you love?
Why not get paid for something fun?
GUIDING SPIRIT (Runner) APPLICATION
What we are looking for: We are seeking a strong, friendly person with skills in guiding and maintaining order with large groups of people and crowds. Our ideal candidate is friendly, outgoing, strong, forceful when needed, and has no fear in directing traffic, standing in as a bouncer when needed, and assisting with removal of drunk or disruptive guests from the tour location.
Position Available: Guiding Spirit – Crowd Control (also called Runner)
Nights and weekends, per tour, part-time, on-call, when needed. This job will need to be a passionate hobby, as we only need Guiding Spirits to work very occasionally when we have large groups. Our ideal candidate will be fine with being on staff and available for any time we may need them through the year. The person we hire will also need to be available for every single weekend in October, as that is our busy season.
Pay: $30 per tour, $10 per hour for events.
- Security Guard experience highly preferred, but not required.
- At least 1 year of customer service skills required, and 5 years or more are highly preferred.
- Must have exceptional people skills.
- Must have a neat and clean appearance.
- Must have a positive and outgoing personality.
- Must be able to handle difficult situations and difficult people with exceptional customer service skills while staying professional at all times.
- Must be able to memorize answers to questions about the paranormal and history we discuss on tour.
- Will direct people to their guide, and help ensure people stay within the group.
- Will be expected to guide the back of the tour group to remain together at all times, and to give hand signals and directives to the tour guide to ensure proper performance is optimized.
- Must be able to stand and walk for hours at a time.
- Must be able to speak very clearly and loud enough to be heard without a microphone.
- Must have a flexible schedule. Must be available at a moment’s notice, and be able to work nights, weekends, and at an on-call basis as needed. Must agree to be available for the entire month of October.
- Must be able to carry up to 25lbs and help with set-up and take-down of props and tables.
- Must be willing and able to handle tough situations where people may need to be kicked off of the tour.
The Guiding Spirit is responsible for following at the back of the tour, while remaining quiet and composed. Guiding Spirit main duty is to assist the Tour Guide to promote the optimal tour experience for all guests. The Guiding Spirit stays in the back of the group to guide the crowd to remain in an orderly fashion, and keeps the group together without allowing anyone to get left behind or lost on tour. Guiding Spirit helps answer questions for those who may need assistance hearing the tour guide by making hand signals. Guiding Spirit helps answer any guest’s questions about photos, locations, and general information while in the back of the group. Guiding Spirit stays in the back of the group at all times. Guiding Spirit is responsible for directing the crowd around hazards along the tour route, to ensure optimal safety at all times. Guiding Spirit will direct guide and guests to the safest route. Guiding Spirit will maintain order of the group by assisting with removal of intoxicated guests or disruptive guests when needed. Guiding Spirit will assist and remain with any guests waiting for law enforcement or EMS in the event of injury to person or property, as needed. Guiding Spirit will occasionally help with set-up and take-down of tables and props. Full duties and responsibilities will be explained at interview and hire date.