Join the Boo Crew Team
Interested in working with some awesome people while doing something you love?
Why not get paid for your favorite hobby?
Paranormal Investigator I
What we are looking for: The ideal candidate for this position has leadership qualities, a friendly personality, and is knowledgable about the paranormal. We are seeking someone with advanced knowledge of paranormal equipment, and who has the skills and ability to successfully run a ghost hunt for our guests. This knowledge goes far beyond just enjoying ghost stories and shows about paranormal investigations. Our ideal candidate has been on many paranormal investigations themselves, and has extensive knowledge of how to run an investigation on their own using state-of-the-art tools and equipment to search for spirit contact. We are an entertainment company, therefore our guides and staff must be able to perform and entertain a crowd of people for hours at a time. The candidate for Paranormal Investigator should have a great personality, charisma, and willingness to be on television, social media, podcasts, and film.
Position Available: Level 1 Paranormal Investigator
Friday and Saturday nights, per tour, part-time, on-call, when needed. This is a very part-time and as needed job.
Hourly wage: $40 per tour to start
- Experience with ghost hunting equipment is required.
- Customer service industry experience is highly preferred.
- Must have exceptional customer service skills.
- Must have exceptional people skills.
- Must have a neat and clean appearance.
- Must have a positive and outgoing personality.
- Must be able to handle difficult situations and difficult people with exceptional customer service skills, while staying professional at all times.
- Must be able to memorize a 2 hour script, and remember dates in history as well as important facts.
- Must be able to memorize answers to questions about the paranormal and history we discuss on tour.
- Will handle check-in and greeting of customers.
- Will handle cash transactions and be responsible for turning in and reporting any cash sales.
- Daily reporting to management.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Must have knowledge of and own a smart phone or device.
- Must be able to perform in front of large groups of people.
- Must be able to stand and walk for hours at a time.
- Must be able to speak very clearly and loud enough to be heard without a microphone.
- Must have a flexible schedule. Sometimes we need guides at a moment’s notice. Must be able to work nights, weekends, and at an on-call basis as needed. Must be able to commit to work every weekend in October.
Paranormal Investigators responsibilities are to ensure the safety, happiness, and entertainment for all guests on tour. Our ghost hunt team members facilitate an experience for our guest in an entertaining and educational way. PI’s will guide guests through the haunted town of Spring, while reciting historical facts and information as well as the paranormal sightings and experiences known to haunt the area. PI’s are responsible for maintaining the group dynamic in an orderly manner at all times, while keeping on time and on schedule. PI’s will learn the haunted history, and memorize the tour script so they can recite enough information while on the hunt. PI will use tools and equipment to enhance the ghost hunting experience, and will be required to keep an inventory on their person at all times while on the hunt. PI’s will instruct guests on the use of said equipment, and guide them through how to use the tools in a way that will create an environment for spirit contact. PI’s will have extensive knowlege of each tool, and will be able to answer questions about how they work and how to properly use them to make contact. PI’s are responsible for maintaining a conducive environment for guests so that they can enjoy the experience in a safe and entertaining way.
Training in guiding experience will be given when hired.