Join the Boo Crew Team
Interested in working with some awesome people while doing something you love?
Why not get paid for your favorite hobby?
Interactive Tour Director
What we are looking for: We are seeking a strong minded leader who seeks to ensure a safe and friendly environment to their clients. Our ideal candidate is a go-getter who is not afraid to get their hands dirty, and go into the dark places of town to get the readings their group wants, with a friendly and personable personality. Someone who already knows a lot about ghost hunting is a real necessity, as we need someone with experience to take the reins of a highly educated and experienced paranormal investigator position. We are looking for a person who knows how to use the techniques and skills necessary to perform a real live investigation in a way that properly represents our company. We need someone who has a healthy understanding of the paranormal, and who will go above and beyond to create a conducive environment for ghosts that is to our specifications.
Position Available: Level 1 Interactive Tour Director
Friday and Saturday nights, per tour, part-time, on-call, when needed. This is a very part-time and as needed job.
Hourly wage: $40-$50 per tour.
- Experience with ghost hunting equipment is an advantage.
- 5+ years of customer service industry experience is highly preferred.
- Must have exceptional customer service skills.
- Must have exceptional people skills.
- Must have a neat and clean appearance.
- Must have a positive and outgoing personality.
- Must be able to handle difficult situations and difficult people with exceptional customer service skills, while staying professional at all times.
- Must be able to memorize a 2 hour script, and remember dates in history as well as important facts.
- Must be able to memorize answers to questions about the paranormal and history we discuss on tour.
- Will handle check-in and greeting of customers
- Will handle cash transactions and be responsible for turning in and reporting any cash sales.
- Daily reporting to management.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Must have knowledge of and own a smart phone or device.
- Must be able to perform in front of large groups of people.
- Costumes and character acting training will be required.
- Must be able to stand and walk for hours at a time.
- Must be able to speak very clearly and loud enough to be heard without a microphone.
- Must have a flexible schedule. Must be willing to work at a moment’s notice, and be able to work nights, weekends, and at an on-call basis as needed. Must be able to commit to work every weekend in October.
- Must be able to carry up to 25lbs and help with set-up and take-down of props and tables.
Paranormal Investigators responsibilities are to ensure the safety, happiness, and entertainment for all guests on tour. PI’s will guide guests through the haunted town of Spring, while reciting historical facts and information as well as the paranormal sightings and experiences known to haunt the area. PI’s are responsible for maintaining the group dynamic in an orderly manner at all times, while keeping on time and on schedule. PI’s will learn the haunted history, and memorize the tour script so they can recite enough information while on the hunt. PI will use tools and equipment to enhance the ghost hunting experience, and will be required to keep an inventory on their person at all times while on the hunt. Training in guiding experience will be given when hired.