Join our team of professional tour guides, actors, entertainers, and history buffs and apply today!
TOUR GUIDE LEVEL I Application
We are seeking a very flexible, honest, reliable, talented, open, fun, and outgoing person to fill our tour guide position.
Position Available: TOUR GUIDE Level I
Friday and Saturday nights, week days optional, per tour, part-time, on-call, when needed
Hourly wage: $40-$50 per tour
- Tour guide, acting, public speaking, or storytelling experience is highly preferred, but we will train great personalities.
- Must have exceptional customer service skills.
- Must have a neat and clean appearance.
- Must have a positive and outgoing personality.
- Must be able to memorize a 2 hour script, and remember dates in history as well as important facts.
- Must be able to memorize answers to questions about the paranormal and history we discuss on tour.
- Will handle check-in and greeting of customers.
- Will handle cash transactions and be responsible for turning in and reporting any cash sales.
- Daily reporting to management.
- Must have knowledge of and own a smart phone or device.
- Must be able to perform in front of large groups of people.
- Must be able to stand and walk for hours at a time.
- Must be able to speak very clearly and loud enough to be heard without a microphone.
- Must be able to work nights, between the hours of 7pm to 11pm.
Tour Guide is responsible for guiding, maintaining, and instructing a large group of people through a haunted town, while memorizing and reciting a script of history and events. Guides are required to have some acting skills, public speaking skills, customer service skills, and communication skills. Guides are responsible for the safety and sanity of every member of their group that attends. Full description of this job will be explained at interview and hire. 6 tour minimum training period before starting.
Please Note: You must fill out the application on a desktop, laptop, or tablet. The application will not work on a smartphone.
IMPORTANT! We require applicants to send in a 2 to 5 minute audition video of you performing one of the following: A historical ghost story, a skit or monologue, a scene from a movie or play. When performing, please act as if you are speaking to a large group of people, and be as natural as possible. Please do not send edited videos such as TikToks. We are looking for personality, charisma, and talented storytelling. Don’t worry if you have no experience, we will offer you a position if we see a spark of potential. We will train you to be a great guide! You can submit your application without the audition first, and send the audition in later. You may use YouTube to upload the video, and email it to [email protected] It is best to send the video within 48 hours of submitting your application.
Thank you for applying.
DON’T FORGET! Send in your audition video within 48 hours of applying!